A Matching Gift Program for UC Berkeley Faculty, Staff, and Students
To increase funds for financial aid UC Berkeley has launched a matching gift program in 2007 that doubles personal gifts made by members of the campus community to endowment funds for need-based undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships. Through The Chancellor’s Challenge for Student Support, all gifts and pledges up to $250,000 made by faculty, staff, and students are matched dollar-for-dollar. A named scholarship or fellowship may also be established with a minimum gift of $10,000.
As of June 30, 2011, nearly 2,000 faculty, staff, students, and retirees had given $7.1 million, which totals $14.2 million when combined with the matching funds — a hopeful indicator during these challenging times that our community is committed to making the dream of a Berkeley education possible for many outstanding students. Because of the bold actions required to respond to declining State support, the Challenge has been extended through December 31, 2013. All faculty and staff — including active or retired, emeriti faculty, and surviving spouses or partners of faculty and staff — as well as students can participate.
Berkeley is committed to keeping its doors open to the most talented undergraduate and graduate students regardless of their financial means. Joining this community effort to shore up our endowment for scholarships and fellowships is one promising way to ensure that students have equal access to a Berkeley education — access based on the ability to achieve, not on the ability to pay.
Give now and have your contribution matched:
• The Faculty, Staff, and Student Fund for Undergraduate Scholarships
• The Faculty, Staff, and Student Fund for Graduate Fellowships
- By phone at 510.643.9789.
- Through UC payroll deduction.
- With cash, check, electronic fund transfer, or a pledge:
• Gift and pledge form (PDF) to mail with your cash or check.
• Electronic fund transfer form (PDF) to authorize deductions directly from your bank or credit union account.
Mail forms with gifts and pledges to:
UC Berkeley Foundation
2080 Addison Street
Berkeley, CA 94720-4200
To ask about a specific graduate fellowship fund, please contact:
- Kasia Allen, Development Director, Graduate Division, 510.642.8614 or e-mail.
To ask about a specific undergraduate scholarship fund, please contact:
- Rachelle Feldman, Director, Financial Aid and Scholarships Office, 510.642.7177 or e-mail;
- Linda Rico, Associate Director, Student Affairs Development Office, 510.643.4315 or e-mail.
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information on The Chancellor’s Challenge for Student Support.